I was very unhappy with an order I got from Etsy recently so I asked for a refund after messaging the seller and politely explaining my case. I also asked about the extra $1.75 I got charged for shipping and their response was that the costs went to other fees, like the 13% HST tax we have here and how the cost of living is higher where they live... the tax is understandable and I got my refund so I was ok with that. But recently with packages coming from the US, I don't think it explains the extra $2-$3 I get charged... I ship things out frequently, I know how much shipping supplies cost and that doesn't explain it.
I purchased some doll shoes from a DoA member and they said $4 for shipping because it was bulky. I understood and paid it... only to find that the actual cost was $2.5 for shipping and the shoes were crammed into a tiny bubble wrap envelope... o_o" Luckily, the shoes weren't damaged, but seriously... to me that's a bit unprofessional. To top it off, I end up undercharging shipping more often... maybe it's just me being stupid, but it also has to do with the rising postage rates from Canada Post (and now I hear they're going on strike...? Lovely..) What costs $4 to ship to Canada from the US would cost me $8+ to ship to the US. It's ridiculous... and it's not good for business. Anyway... I'm very happy with my purchases so far though, so I'm not gonna personally waste my time to complain... but I will waste my time ranting here cuz it will make me feel better... lol.
ANYWAY.
My doll wigs came in, and I got a brown 6-7" wig supposedly for the doll that's supposed to arrive (Yes, another tiny is on the way... I'm weak and gave in to Soom's April MD orz) I made Myles try it on for fun:
He looks really different... (Reminds me of Yamapi for some odd, odd reason) but hey you can see his nice eyebrows :D and I guess you can also see the colour of his eyes more clearly with a darker wig. The colour of his eyes is called 'deep sea green' but in person it just looks dark blue. Usually his white skin + light hair makes his eyes look almost black, or like they're dark holes or something, to the point that it looks really scary in photos (or so other people have told me...) since I'm not very good at taking pictures...
I still think blonde hair is more fitting but I guess it goes well with the Japanese shop keeper look. >< Hopefully the doll on the way (I've decided to name it Remy) will look nice in this wig, don't wanna go through like a million wigs to get it to 'fit' .. =n=
Wow I talk too much... about bjd stuff. Time to get packing, AN is 2 days away.. SO EXCITED~ :V

Oh man...that sucks :(
ReplyDeleteRanting is fun..hahah god you're posting a lot lately!!
I was going to make the aprons today, but it's getting close for me to go to sleep...i went to pick up my parents and we ended up sitting and talking at the restaurant for like 3 hours. LOL
I dunno, I'm just like blah when it comes to making more stuff right now. Kind of gonna let it be what it is...whatever. @__@;
Gonna try and cram everything in tomorrow. IT'S GONNA BE A HECTIC DAY YO!