Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Anime North 2010 [part 1]

Warning: image heavy! I've tried to compress the pics as much as I could and even separated my report into two parts but yeah... I MADE SURE to take many photos this year to make up for last year! (and the year before that!)

SO here goes!

Firstly, I want to say that this is my 4th year at AN and I think it was the best... so far. :P
The layout of the TCC was a bit altered this year (switching the Dealer's Room entrance & exit) but I think I liked it this way too. The Crafter's Corner was a LOT better from how it was last year! Everything was organized but since we didn't get assigned table numbers like in the CM, we were kinda worried where we were gonna be placed but it turned out good! Jessica (my table partner) and I were placed near the Dealer's Room entrance :P


Our table on Friday. Jess's side was very well thought out, while I just ...winged it. Like always. >3> I had fun helping her arrange the chibi plushies though... and hey, nothing bad happened! The shelf was sturdy! I didn't knock anything down! >uo)b


I decided to bring my dolls, but only my tiny one on Friday since I had to bus it to the con that day and didn't want to carry too much... bussing: NEVER. AGAIN.

Oh and I liked my cards... I designed them myself, but sadly I ran out half way through Saturday and didn't have time to print more...


The bird charm in the background is watching Myles with thick eyebrows. :I


I was on the lookout for DRRR!! cosplayers, of course! Shizuo with a vending machine.
There were a lot of Shizuos but not a lot of good Izayas... much to my and Jordan's disappointment...


Italy~~ Funny... now that I mention it, there were a lot of APH cosplayers this year, but I don't remember seeing a Germany...


Gintoki!! From Gintama~


England & Japan. Speaking of which, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS PAIRING IS SO POPULAR...??? I mean I went scouting for APH doujinshi on Friday (which is the best day to look for doujinshi because by Sunday, all the good ones are gone) and at this one table there were US/Japan, Greece/Japan, Germany/Japan, UK/Japan, everyone/Japan... o_o


pretty dresses~


lol, kida from DRRR!! I don't particularly like Kida but hey, DRRR!!...


Pyramid Head from Silent Hill. I headed to the Doubletree with Jordan to check out the "Doll Marketplace" at this point in time.


Saw a group of very nice Code Geass R2 cosplayers :D

I had been lurking on Den of Angels (bjd forum) about "Doll North" so I went to check it out/see if I could get some nice things but I was really disappointed... let's just say that I expected the room where the Marketplace was held to be 3x bigger, and have a lot more stuff.


I took a picture of someone's Soom Euclase, though. So beautiful. *_*


More Pyramid Head. With a nurse this time...


Don'tSayLazy!Mio


Tables full of usa-chan plushies


Vocaloids~ Miku & Kaito. I kept seeing Miku cosplayers walking around with these GIANT LEEKS that remind me of my daikon... kinda made me want one... I asked there they got it and they told me the Dealer's Room, but I couldn't find any... >_<


Gokudera from Reborn! HE'S A GUY :D


Russia & China. The Russia cosplayer had water inside their vodka bottle :'D

And that's it... I forget what else happened on Friday, it went by too fast...

Day 2: Saturday! Brought Louis along in his school uniform. He's holding a rushed mini verson of Shounen Jump that I made :B
And omg my friend who's cosplaying Rakshat from Code Geass is in the background!! O_O I forgot to take proper pics of her...


ANYTHING is possible at AN... srsly... like this black doggie for example... at first it kinda scared me since it was so real looking (the jaw moved!) but I got permission to pet it and it kinda grew on me... ^_^" cute..


Yuffie from Final Fantasy... VII...? This brings back memories of watching Advent Children..


Forget wolves, pandas love Anime North too. ;O


SHINRA AND SERUTEE OTPPPPP


Hisagi Shuueii(sp?) from BLEACH


It is very important to stay hydrated while you're out all day at an event like AN. The people at the table next to ours understands this point very well. :D


Don't know where this is from but it looks... interesting... why am I tempted to say "Ultra-man!"...


Ichigo!!!!!!!! One of my favourite cousins from Katamari!!! Bwaaaahhhhhh I would know because I made a keychain of her and sold it... T___T


Some Gundam...


Simon + Yoko from TTGL... I love their boots.... and Simon's star glasses, of course


The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland... which reminds me, I still need to watch that movie...


LOL... it's PROFESSOR LAYTON :DD


More Katamari! The Prince!! T_T


YUI~~~ from K-ON!!


..secretly took a shot of Shizuo...selling...BL... YEAH >8D


Ed & Armstrong from FMA... hhaha I LOVE THE HAIR ANTENNAE!! 8D


Lovely couple~


Pink party :O


Black Rock Shooter! And BRS!Kaito?? I saw something like this on DA but it's much more cooler seeing them in real life. xD


I thought this was Ookami but apparently it's just a normal white wolf... I wanna ride on its back.. like in Princess Mononoke.. that would be so awesome... *u*


dfjhdsfkjh',fd';ds Hei from Darker Than Black... I NEED TO FINISH WATCHING THIS SERIES


Hibari from Reborn! ALSO A GUY :D


He was with Ed from FMA as well... so we asked for a shot of them together ..LOL but we told the Ed cosplayer to bend down because he was too tall as Edward.. XD

And that concludes Saturday! Walking around in tight shoes was... really painful. Oh and I think I was the only Namie cosplayer at AN... she's so unpopular (which is good on my part since ..no photos! :D) but her costume was comfortable (thanks Mom...rofl)

The 5 of us went to Swiss Chalet after wards for dinner... but I forgot to take pics... >_< Anyway, on to day 3! Sunday. I thought it would be kind of slow, but to me Sunday was almost as busy as Saturday...

Jess serenading to me in a Miyavi-esque way :) haha, we were trying so hard to remember how the other songs from Beck went (FACE and Slip Out in particular) but we couldn't get it... then when I got home, while I was eating dinner, the tune just popped into my head...wth..


Jordan commissioned Elva for a Izaya x Namie pic... I AM NOT AMUSED >:0

Then since Jessica had to leave early to drive back to Montreal, it got kind of quiet... so Jordan's friends came over and one of them had a doll. :o A Luts El, in fact. Which I really want... ;o;


Aha, Louis always looks terrible from the side for some reason... >.< But yeah, holy crap the El(Zephyr) was heavy! @.@ But I'm so glad I got to hold an SD sized doll, it would've been a real shock otherwise... and now I'm more convinced that i want an El because he looks a lot nicer in real life... I was a bit troubled by the fact that in some owner's pics he looks like he has chipmunk cheeks... xD;;


Myles is being rude and/or violent ...naughty :I

I thought I had more pictures but .. I guess that's it!
Being a part of the CC was a great experience this year... okay no, more like a great learning experience. It really is never too late to learn. For example, after having paper signs next to my merch for the past two years, I thought it looked tacky so this year I printed out a nice looking "menu" with all the prices of merch included. Turns out, PEOPLE KEPT ASKING ME ABOUT THE PRICES... so, in the end I just listened to Jess's advice and switched to bright neon signs right beside my items. LONG STORY SHORT: practicality > aesthetics (as with most things in life)

And also if you want people to take your business cards/free stuff, leaving it on the corner near the very front edge of your table is the best place. And print LOTS. I would know.. TwT;;

It was also the first time having my dolls on display and it was... interesting. Maybe I should've printed "NOT FOR SALE" signs along with my "PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH" sign but hell, I'm sure people would've asked anyway... ^^" i'm also surprised that quite a few people recognized my doll's sculpts... and other bjd owners came by to chat/comment... it seems like bjds are quite popular, though maybe it's because I'm just getting into the hobby and taking note of it now... ^^;

There were some rude people, but overall I met so many more nice people and ...yeah it was great. I also had fun trading with people too and got so many nice things!! >u< I can't believe I sold all my katamari though... really unexpected. Thank you to those who bought my stuff!!! Especially this really nice couple who bought multiple pairs of earrings from me! And mega thanks to Jess and Jordan who helped man my half of the table..you guys rock D:
AN'10 was awesome... and I can't wait for AN'11!!
I've decided to put photos of my loot from the con in part 2... :D teehee
But right now... I gotta sleep.... my throats been feeling weird from talking so much... so...ciao~

Thanks for reading ...omfg..so long.........................

2 comments:

  1. LOL THAT GIN.....The pin I have looks just like him, picking his nose xD tee hee

    Also, glad you like Izaya/Namie. I requested it with you in line DR. ALICE ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it too!! >u<

    LOL...NOOOO D:

    ReplyDelete