
Warning: A bit spoilerish...
I recently finished watching this series called Toradora! Normally I stay away from shoujo/slice of life animes because 1) I have a short attention span and 2) I can't stand high school girls with high pitched voices... but I kept hearing good things about this one so I watched and ...I really liked it. *-*
Basically the whole story involves a love rectangle. Something like this: BoyA likes GirlB and GirlA likes BoyB. GirlA and GirlB are friends with each other, as with BoyA and BoyB, so BoyA and GirlA team up to help each other to get with the one they love. It turns out GirlA loved BoyA all along and BoyA was just too dumb to figure it out. :'D
The only nitpicky thing I can say that it was kinda cliche... if you can't tell already from the summary... and the ending still makes my heart feel very unsettled somehow, but what I loved about this series was that the dialogue and situations were so... real. So real to the point where I could actually see this turned into a jdrama or something (is there one???) ... Actually, there was a ski scene in this that reminded me of the one in Boys Over Flowers (Korean ver.) where GirlA goes off by herself to search for something dropped and BoyA goes to save her, lol... kinda deja vu...
So because it was so realistic and all, I went and told my mom about it. The main guy has a face that makes him look like a delinquent, but really he's the opposite. Due to my limited Cantonese vocabulary, I said he was "yeung seugh" (bad-looking??) and did whatever the girl told him to. Then my mom told me to find "yeung" guys... because they will do whatever I say... she told me not to go after good looking guys... -_- lol not like I would...
Anyway...!! just a little semi-review. There are still a lot of series I have to catch up on...

No comments:
Post a Comment