Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Charm Progress

Sooooooo I'm still in the process of mass-producing my merchandise for Anime North this year, an anime convention happening on May 22-24, in Toronto.

I've made 5 more clover charms: (and I guess here's a glimpse of the packaging I'm going to use)


They look much much much better compared to my old charm (on the right, which somehow the glaze didn't dry properly, so now it's all defected). And they have new shiny silver bells attached! The only thing bothering me now is the clovers.... I couldn't find any with heart-shaped leaves... ;_; but at least this time, they're fresh and green...? :'D

I also made a bowl of noodles: (crap pics, sry)


It was such a pain in the ass to make...

I'm still wondering whether or not I have enough stuff to sell, since this year, unlike last year, I plan to go all out and stay for all three days... (I want as little left overs as possible).

Aiyaa.. this whole thing is so stressful (yet fun at the same time). I really wonder if I'll ever sell at Anime North again, hhaha. Crafters sure get ripped off, though, as my friend (who's a plushie-maker) pointed out. There's the labour and cost of materials too.... not to mention the time it takes for the artist to make the items. In my POV, people in the Comic Market just need to work hard on a few illustrations and print a million copies, then bam, $2,000 right there. (That is, if you're a popular + skilled artist that draws mostly yaoi + Naruto + KH...) I know it's not always like that.... but... *sigh*

ANYWAY... I'll be laughing if I'm actually at AN with all my stuff. The Crafters Corner is so.... lenient with rules and fuzzy on details. I don't even know where my table is yet.. we weren't given a floor plan/table number. Heh.

Oh right, one more snapshot at my cakes (made them last.... last week?)


Not going to upload formally to my dA gallery... it has enough desserts already, I think! XD

I've still got 18 pairs of earrings, 24 Moyashimon microbes and a few more charms to make!!! Ahh.. and if I have time, some plushie keychains... though I epically fail at plushies. Srsly. They just aren't my thing..... You'll see soon enough. D;

@__@ Shit, 9 days left until Anime North...!!!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME, ARU~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. lol omigod i can see the $$ going into ur pockets already >< so many cute charms ~_~ <3 !! and u rlli liike bloggin dont u lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool...you used real clovers...:D I can't wait to BUY ONE, cuz they are really cute :3

    Also, I can smell the money that's going to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the $$ ain't worth it, considering the amount of work put in... ;-; but i do it anyway...

    ReplyDelete