Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HP6 [SPOILERS]


Guess which movie I went to see today~ No, really, guess~ (Hint: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince) 8D

After waiting 2 years for this movie... I thought it was the best out of all them so far. (Or maybe because I've waited 2 years for this movie?) I heard rumors that it got pushed back because of Twilight? If this is true, then that's nonsense, because A) Cedric Diggory is dead, and B) The Harry Potter fan base is not primarily comprised of 14-year-old fan girls.


Unlike some, I didn't re-read the 6th book to refresh my memory - I let the movie do that. XD
So that was probably why I thought it was pretty true to the book, and quite entertaining... more so than the other movies. This one was really jokes; I couldn't stop laughing during the middle of the movie (the whole thing with Ron & Lavender/"Won-Won"). This movie was also really dark... the ending with the cave scene and the Inferi was really quite creepy. I think they didn't make the liquid in the basin green 'cause it didn't fit in with their blue/black/white colour scheme or the mood. Glowing green = not scary? :(

I also have to point out - I like how Draco got more screen time. Tom Felton looked kinda cool with his black suit and all... 8D Also... hate to say this, but I can't find any other words to describe it without being obscene - at times, certain scenes in the movie seemed really..."slashy". 8'D

Ginny too got more screen time, but... I don't know, I thought the actress didn't do a good job of being Ginny... not... fiery enough...? Somehow their relationship is really... er... awkwardly portrayed. I would've liked it better if Harry and Ginny kissed when they won the Quidditch Cup or something... I thought the whole wheat field scene where Bellatrix comes and burns down the Burrow was TOTALLY RANDOM LIEK WTF?

Other things bothered me such as Dumbledore's funeral (or lack thereof), Professor Slughorn not being fat enough, and the fact that I kinda forgot Sirius died... *cough*

But all in all, it was good. :D Worth my monies. Oh and forgot to mention Luna Lovelood... can't help but smile when I see her appear.... XD love her and her wrackspurtyness~ and so this concludes my mini-rant about HP6~~ Can't WAIT for the last movie - the last book is my favourite. :D


While we were on the subway, these two basset hounds (which I mistook as beagles) got on board!! I think they're cute... and so friendly... X3


Passed by CTV...building thing... (don't know what this is, and too tired to go look it up)


...and Much Music HQ~ I think they're preparing for some guests? Saw a bunch of teen girls lining up... (again, too tired/lazy to check up who was coming)

I also went inside the Condom Shack. Neat stuff in there - I must say it was my first time going into that kind of store. And fyi, no, I did not buy anything... :) Didn't stay long.

After the movie we just walked around downtown and ahem, after going around in a "j" shape, we finally ended up at St. Lawrence Market. Then we ended up at Eaton's... again. And after that, home!!!!

I think I did a week's worth of exercise again today, too. T 3 T

3 comments:

  1. Lmfao, I love how you always say you did a week's worth of exercise. Yeah, totally agree about the wheat field scene.
    >:]
    I'm also really excited for the 7th/8th movie. My favourite book too, even though they're not at Hogwarts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a blast!
    Aw, I want to watch HP too..when I find the time.
    LOL Condom shack? Do they check your age there??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pftt no! :D I think it's for all ages. XD (you know what I mean..)

    ReplyDelete