Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kamikaze Girls



Right, I remember why I was on Anna Tsuchiya's wikipage... it was because she was in this movie! I think I've heard of it before... but it wasn't until I was reading the sweet lolita clothing brand "BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT"'s wikipage that I found out it appears in this Japanese live-action... so I decided to watch it. :)

It's about two teenage girls - Momoko, who is obsessed with lolita clothing, Roccoco and the sweet life - and Ichiko(Ichigo) who is a 'yankee', a spitting, bike gang member. Total opposites - yet eventually they share a strong bond with one another. The main theme in this movie I would say, is friendship.

...Personally, it reminded me much of NANA, only without the boys and the drama, and more comedy! Maybe it's because Tsuchiya sang the opening/ending songs for the NANA anime... but it was the two totally different girls being friends thing that was similar....
I thought both actresses did a fantastic job though - both characters were so cool in their own way. I wish I was as headstrong as Ichiko... I've always admired those personality types because I seriously refer to someone like me as having no backbone whatsoever... -_-

...and... haha, funny thing, I could actually recognize the different dresses and accessories that Momoko wore in the movie, from the BABY website!!! >__< It just shows that I've been staring at the clothes way too much... yes, if you don't know by now, I really do love sweet lolita/gothic lolita clothing... it's just so pretty. I really can't imagine myself wearing a full lolita costume though, I tell you that. I hate wearing lace and it'd be too much for me to stomach... but it's just so nice to look at, you know?

So yes.
That being said, I really liked this movie... it was perfect for summer. :)
But now it really makes me want one of those dresses more... if I could just own a costume(they're freaking expensive)... I'd stare at it all day... maybe I'll wear it, but not in public... *sigh* I do love their handbags though... I'm getting really antsy now, I simply must go to Japan now... and go to a BABY store... XD!!!


Peace out~

2 comments:

  1. = = i was wondering why the name anna blah blah seemed so familiar in ur previous entry... now i know y... and ew i saw taht movie too...... and omg i recognize that brand name too.. wtffff... im not even into those stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that cosplay store still open? Let's go there and get you a dress! Lol.

    ReplyDelete