In the morning, my packages from Etsy arrived all at once! :D But I shall save that for another post... xD
So, originally, a couple of friends & I decided to go out for lunch today, but since there were two restaurants we wanted to go to, we made a day trip of it. And what a day. We walked so much... At times it was frustrating because we kept getting lost (sad...) but it was a good learning experience, I have to say!
Okay less text, more picturees! Jordan wanted to bring us all to Manpuku for lunch and man did we have a hard time finding the place. @_@
It was located almost right next to OCAD... so our 1st mission was to find OCAD.
Thankfully Mary asked a girl for directions and they told us the way! (She pointed out how the girl had a Starbucks drink... leading to the conclusion "People who drink Starbucks know where they're going"... if only a Starbucks person helped me out when I was lost by myself a few months ago downtown...><) Okay... on to the food!
We finally got to Manpuku and I ordered a dish called ochazuke, which is tea broth poured over cooked rice. Perfect for me because I LOVE RICE! The rice was yummy and very filling. The tea broth tasted... a bit brothy, lol... but still very... clear? Not very salty.
Mary ordered a salad that came in a boat-shaped dish.
We shared some takoyaki. I never had takoyaki before and assumed that they were like those firm squid balls that you eat in Chinese dishes. They're actually more like dumplings, made from batter (which was very soft and mushy and deliciouss) with diced octopus inside. Also the bonito flakes on top were MOVING!!! omfgg!!!!! (still can't get over it)!!!
We had to wait 20 minutes for this order but it was worth it!!!
Mary had some red bean ice cream mochi for dessert because the place was out of cake AND pudding (I wanted the pudding...) Geez... it's like every place we go to is always out of the desserts we want... >3>
Red bean ice cream inside.
I was happy to leave this eatery because they were playing this song non-stop.. =.=
After lunch we walked to China Town... to get to AnimeXtreme. They had a lot of manga. I found it funny how the yaoi section was almost empty... I didn't buy anything though. I didn't see any MSC, either (I was originally going to get some there) but I did see a lot of Tamiya paints...
I saw packets of ZOMBIE BLOOD in the fridge!!!! I just had to take a picture!! I was so tempted to try it... but I wanted some blood for vampires (aka fake human blood) Knowing me, if I had bought that, I would have totally saved the packaging. :'D
At this time we walked back and forth from Queen to Spadina... then walked from Spadina to Bloor, which took nearly forever... but we made it in time for dinner!
We ate at a really nice and new-ish restaurant called Sushi Couture. (omfg they had blue fin tuna. I was so wanted to try it but it was hella pricey and Mary was treating us so I didn't order any)
First, some delicious grilled yellowtail (hamachi)
and some negi-hamachi maki (yellowtail with green onion)
Spicy salmon roll ... wasn't that spicy, but the spiciness was still there. They used chili oil and it was soo yummy *_*
Sushi Couture's special dish - Sushi Couture
This tasted, as Jordan put it, "Like an orgasm on my taste buds."
Salmon sashimi ... and unagi (BBQ eel) which is cut off in the pic..
Green Island maki
This was on the house... so I'm not sure what it's called (tasted like california maki but with shrimp) but it was delicious!!!
This dish is called sushi burger. I had sushi pizza before, which is like a small circle of fried, crunchy rice with salad on top, but never sushi burger! This is the same cruncy rice, only topped with scallop and fish roe in bite-sized pieces.
To end things off, we all had some black sesame ice cream. It may look plain, but omg... it tasted SO GOOD *3* It was smooth, and creamy and so very flavourful... the only and best tasting black sesame ice cream I've ever had! *__*
Sushi Couture was an amazing dining experience... thank you so much Mary!!! >3< The only thing I have to point out is that the washrooms there... are really... sketchy. xD;;
After dinner, we all decided to head home since it was getting dark. (Funny, it's getting dark so quickly nowadays; my mind is still in July mode... T_T)
My feet are so tired from walking all day. I have tomorrow to rest up before I walk all day again for FanExpo on Saturday, oh boy... XD

ahahaha <3 -likes-
ReplyDelete