
One day while I was in grade 9, I picked up a book with a really odd title in the library. It was called "Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging" by English author Louise Rennison. It was so funny and I loved it so much that I told all my friends to read it... XD Basically, it's about this girl's crazy life, growing up, boys, and falling in love... and it's written in a diary-like format, so you get to read what really goes on inside the main character's mind.
I thought it was hilarious, and I went on to read up to the 8th or 9th book of the series. When I heard that there was going to be a movie for it, I thought it was going to suck right away because what's so funny is what's written down, and how she uses text - it'd be hard to incorporate that into film. My cousin told me it sucked too... so I decided to watch it, and I was mildly impressed...
The movie was called "Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging" and it really didn't focus much on comedy, I just felt like I was watching a normal teen chick flick. It was really well put together from beginning to end, and was quite true to the book. I think I ended up liking this movie a lot more than I thought I would. There were some scenes that were really "wtf?", but, overall, it was alright.
Robbie (Georgia's love interest) or so-called the "Sex God" (worthy title), looked so hot in the movie, I'm not even kidding. THIS PICTURE DOESN'T EVEN DO HIM JUSTICE, okay. Seriously, watch the movie just to see him, it'll be worth it... * 3 * (although at first his voice sounded kinda high-pitched/soft, which was unexpected... ) anyway... I think he's hotter than Mitch Hewer (of British teen drama Skins)... XDDDD and homg... he'd make a good Edward, too... T 3 T Guh..

His name: Aaron Johnson III. And he's born in the same year as me... o 3 o (pic from Google)
Speaking of movies, there are quite a lot of good ones coming out recently that I want to see.
The Time Traveler's Wife being one of them, but I kind of want to read the book first... It seems like a movie just for couples to see, though... :|
District 9 seems interesting but, uh, I re-watched the trailer and that interview with the monsters was just so... fake. No thanks. :|
Julie & Julia I want to see (and read the book) because it's something different. And I like Amy Adams. (Enchanted)
...And somehow I still want to see Bruno, because I heard that it got a lot of good reviews...
Mainly I am just looking forward to 2012, the movie. I don't know much about the whole 2012 ordeal... but yes I AM A BELIEVER... I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO US... fictionally... or not so fictionally... xD
And that's all the movies I know about. I'm not much of a movie person... once in a while is good though. ;)

So I saw District 9. It was a pretty good movie man, really interesting and entertaining. But the part in the trailer (interview) never happened.
ReplyDelete