Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

FanExpo 2009 [warning: photo spam]

I went to FanExpo again this year, and sadly I forgot my camera at home... but I was able to take some decent shots of some interesting stuff. :D

The beginning of my journey~
Sigh, it was so quiet in the early morning. The RT was almost empty.

While I was waiting at Union Station for a friend, I spotted some awesome Hetalia cosplayers (the Asian countries!!~) and I couldn't help but ask for a pic. From left to right: Taiwan, Hong Kong, China & Korea.

After waiting a bit in line (ugh, some loud, obnoxious people were behind us and apparently they "fucking hate" anime... riight, wtf? You don't see me hating on Sci-Fi or some other stuff out loud, just because I'm not into it... I used to hate anime because I thought it was all about big-eyed girls and ecchi/hentai, but it's not. I'm glad that this is a diverse event for all kinds of fans, and I wished I didn't have to be around such stuck-up idiots... >> sorry, had to get that off my chest...)

Finally got inside, and saw some cute TokiDoki T-shirts.

A coffin. :D I kind of wanted to climb inside... ooh.. I also saw this little coffin purse... I was tempted to get it... but... my parents would totally freak out, lol... u_u"

Cool guitars~

A brain in a jar. 8D

Fixing his costume. This was very funny... What happened was that Pyramid Head got out of the elevator, and immediately, his wrap fell off and we could see his boxers... XD

Now he's ready! 8D Just needs some blood...

In the washroom, while a C.C. cosplayer was getting her costume fixed, I secretly took a picture of her Cheese-kun... XD I'll need one next year maybe... I think I should commission a friend to make this for me...

This furry cat like thing from the game, The World Ends With You.

Some guys had tvs on their backs... :0

I find this scene so amusing... just carrying along a normal conversation ^-^
But those Stormtroopers (I think that's what they're called... the white-suited soliders, from Star Wars), there were so many of them...

Soo cute...!!! T 3 T~ Daddy Stormtrooper & Little Stormtrooper~

And then I spotted a Canada cosplayer from behind and asked for her pic ... but then America came flying out of nowhere! So I got a pic of them both. :)

To my utter horror, there was a lot of Twilight merchandise.

And to my extreme utter horror, there was an Edward Cullen doll. It looks like a mesh of Barbie & Ken... only worse.

This bunny may look cute on the outside, but it looks really creepy up close because its jaws are lined with freaky looking teeth. o_o

Bye-Bye FanExpo... and oh... I see Tsuna having a chat with Bianchi, Dino (?) and Mukuro...

Cute... I like her dress.

It was only around 2 in the afternoon, but we started to head back because we were bored.

Surprisingly, I only bought one thing. XD
Okay so, normally cons would eat all my monies because of all the buttons/prints/bookmarks and little things I get (what my mother calls "useless junk") and because I spend on doujinshi. But since doujinshi aren't availible at this con... this place is pretty much for figures, for me. >_< I saw some nice Gurren Lagann chibi ones but they had all the characters I didn't really like... and I saw a Prop Plus Petit series of Code Geass. PPP was the same company that made my Kuroshitsuji one I blogged about before - but that one costed me $4... they sold them at FanExpo for double that price!! Same stuff, too... >3>""

What I was really looking for was a figure to pair with one I already have... it's hard to find and I was kinda in despair and feeling kinda emo (because I didn't buy anything yet at the time) but all of a sudden, it was right there out in the open~

This <3 Shiki from the BL game, Togainu no Chi. 8'D
A closeup.

YESS I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW BECAUSE I HAVE BOTH OF THEM >8D

FINALLYYYYY

:DDDDD

To me, FanExpo was overall pretty awesome, compared to previous years. But of course, it doesn't beat Anime North. I seriously can't wait for it now... crap. It's gonna be a longg wait... DX
Time to start getting ready for back to school... =___=

6 comments:

  1. sigh, u and ur BL (but they are very good looking ^.^) happy that you got u fighure ^^ (must have been expensive cause the figure i want is $60 and it's not as good quality as urs....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh hi Kim! Not really, Shiki didn't cost as much as you would think... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? how much? it looked expensive. i want a lelouch figure....... so expensive

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I'll tell you in person ;P
    Would that be a Lelouch Figma... those are expensive. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?! I WAS LOOKING ALL. OVER. FOR. HIIIIIM! *fail* I bought the military versions of them a while back but I could never resist the want to have the first editions of 'em.
    YOU LUCKY. ToT

    btw, I love you're header image! KOTATSUU

    ReplyDelete