Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Around town... [warning: photo spam]

Yesterday I went down town TO again with my uncle, uncle's girlfriend, my cousin and my dad.
We decided to go to the Eaton Centre first... because my cousin wanted to go to Forever XXI... (and this must be my 3rd time going to the Eaton Centre this month...)


A funky looking Nissan Cube. I don't like angular/boxy-looking cars... that includes the Honda Element... >_>


Approaching Dundas square. I see why the majority of people commute to Eatons... the traffic is terrible because of the crosswalk and parking was pretty pricey (I think so), and for some reason they don't accept cash...


Ryerson U


Finally saw a yellow Vespa/scooter!! (I wish it was mine... T^T)

I went to XXI and their stuff is pretty nice, but the store is always so crowded with teen girls. The line-ups to try things on can get crazy sometimes; I wish they would just expand the store or something since it's suddenly becoming so popular. (I prefer the one at Fairview)
Also, XXI reminds me of H&M... yet they have cuter things, but price wise... if you look at the price tag, $33.85 for a pair of jeans - is pretty reasonable, right? But for some reason I only looked at the $33... it's really more like $34. And plus tax, it was close to $40. So really, it was just $40<---not very reasonable. I see how they get so many customers + profit now... Next we headed to Kensington Market... to get some European sausages (lol, 5lbs of it -__-)
Oops... my cellphone camera doesn't have a flower mode... XD looks really blurry, but you can see how interesting it looks...

Next is China Town.

Purple peppers. O_O

For dinner, we checked out the restaurants along King St. and we decided on Italian food. A place called Verona. (Where Romeo & Juliet takes place)



And the restaurant next next door... Look at the cow...!!!

The restaurant was really quite dim inside, so I switched my phone camera's settings to night mode, which kinda killed the quality...

So for some reason, even though I have never even had beer before, and I'm a total n00b at drinking, I decided to try a martini, called "Lychee Splash". It was pretty sweet and tasted like lychee. And for some reason I finished the whole thing and felt really hyper afterwards. Then I felt sick. x_x Note to self: 0 alcohol tolerance. Never drink again.


Appetizer: Escargots (snails)


Appetizer: Calamari (squid)

... I forgot to take pictures of the main dishes, (I had fettucini) but I didn't think they were that great. I thought the appetizers were better; the bruschetta we ordered disappeared so fast, I didn't have a chance to take a picture of it... DX


So here is dessert, a blueberry and pomegranate crème brulée. I've never had crème brulée before... which is a shame. It was so good. *__* The top part was sugary and crunchy but the inside was really smooth and creamy, and not too sweet. Though I was expecting it to be served warm, it turned out to be cold instead... I would have preferred it warm (dunno why) but it was still good. :)

So tired after this day... I won`t be going so many places like this for a lonnggg time, like say... a year. 8D

Peace||| `3`

1 comment: