Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

You guys are starting to scare me...

To my "blogging girlfriends" (lol) ...who've recently been talking about love, what is love, love=/=sex, finding your true love, etc. - I have really been trying to avoid talking about this whole subject, because... I seriously think I'm embracing this matter 5 years too late (talk about being a late bloomer...)

My friend (let's call her Miss A) had stated once on her blog something along the lines of: "I'm not going to waste my life trying to find a soul mate, I'm going to spend my life finding myself and getting to know who I really am..." I don't know why, but those words seemed to really reach out to me... and made me feel a bit better not having a boyfriend.

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling that (from personal experience) some girls who have boyfriends just want to rub it in my face. And it makes me feel inferior, jealous, and extremely self-conscious all at the same time. I can't deny that I'm not upset about not being in love, because come on - the media surrounds us with so much junk about couples/love/romance that it makes it seem like finding a life partner is the social norm. Well, is it? We're the species that has sex not just for the sole purpose of reproduction - so in this time and age, are falling in love and finding a soul mate really that important? Because everything around me makes it seem so. We even have a freaking holiday devoted to it.

When it all comes down to it, yes... I'm just an insecure, vertebrateless creature that's too shy to strike up a normal conversation. So sue me. It doesn't mean I'm any less important than you are.

So, my blogging buddies... please, for the love of God, don't bend the fork (whatever that means), don't stray from your path (??!) and don't forget: you're not alone being alone... (how contradicting...)

8 comments:

  1. Loool``
    Alice, you're so cute =3
    Yes we're not alone~~ I have youuu XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... bending the fork... LMAO...

    ReplyDelete
  3. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD love u alice~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. omfg...alice ur awesome...

    wow this blog just shut all of our mouths up LMAO

    i love ur last paragraph...bend the fork..lmao(tats totally from my blog) and stray from path(thats totally from qians)...and yes indeed.we r not alone, cuz we hv each others :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. psh nah uh ur always alone >[ no matter where ur at, life ish all about u surviving in tha world ~ get use to being lonely is a good thing >[

    ReplyDelete
  6. well yeah you'll always be your own person, but what I mean is that you won't always be the only person in the world who's single :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol alice! LETS BE SINGLE BUDDIS =D !!

    ReplyDelete